Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Change

Well, you may have noticed the change in template design.  It was intentional, do not fear.  No one hacked into my account and changed it.  Though I liked the other design better, this is easier on the eyes, and that, of course, takes priority.
I hope you like it, if not, I'm not sure what to say.  My apologies, and do you have any suggestions?

At any rate, I thought it would be interesting to speak on the subject of change.
Many of us dislike it, go out of our way to avoid it.  I must admit, change is not something I always enjoy either.  But one must ask themselves, why do we fear change so much?
Is it because we can do nothing to stop it?  Because we're afraid it will get out of control?  Because it is inconvenient?  I know one of the reasons I dislike it is simply because I do not like to go through that period of adjustment.  Mostly because is it inconvenient, but also because sometimes it causes me to feel vulnerable.
When I look at this reason, and other peoples' reasons, the common ground I can see between them is selfishness:
"I don't want this to happen because I will be uncomfortable."

Is that how we are supposed to be?  Thinking only of how we may best serve ourselves?  True, we should not let people take advantage and walk all over us, but persevering a little discomfort for the long-term benefit of more people than yourself is not something to shy from.  Often, it will also benefit us too, if we would let it.  Or maybe it will not, but it is something that can be adjusted to easily if we didn't decide to be stubborn about it.
This has been more addressing changes that we have a say in.  What about those those which we do not?  Why groan and complain over things?  It will not help matters, and will only succeed in making ourselves, and those around us, miserable.

I say we need to rethink our stubbornness to change.  Change will come, whether we wish it or not, no matter how hard we work to keep things the same, whether we complain about it or not.  Why not embrace it?
I am talking of things which have no effect on our morals.  Homosexuality, abortion, and several other things are changes that should never be embraced.  I will not begin a rant on those things now, seeing as it would not fit with the subject of this post, and would also extend this post far beyond what I wish.

I challenge you to think:
Do you resist change?  Why?  Is it a good reason?  Or does it come from selfishness?

In the shadow of the Greatest Shinobi
~MDS

2 comments:

  1. I don't like change, but I know it can be good. So usually, I let what will be, be.
    When there is something changing that I do wish to resist, if I take a step back and look at the situation, I can usually see that I'm only resisting out of selfishness.
    ~
    thanks for posting. I enjoy reading this blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, ad the new template looks good. It's a bit dark at the very top, but that might just be the brightness of my computer screen...

    ReplyDelete