Saturday, May 21, 2011

Waiting

At the moment, I am waiting.  Specifically, I am waiting for someone to arrive so we may go somewhere.
It occurs to me that people do not like to wait.  For anything.  I know I am not enjoying this stretch of waiting, and was getting somewhat irritated in fact.  And I know others do not like to wait for things either.

Tonight, May twenty-first, at six o'clock, is supposedly the end of the world.
Do I believe this?
No.
It is clearly stated that no man knows when the end will be, therefore I have no doubt that the world will see another day.
But others are convinced this is our last day.  People like being in charge, knowing when things are going to happen and how.  Myself included.  I do not like wondering when this person I am waiting for is going to get here.  I want to know exactly when they will arrive, and I want them to arrive on time.
I don't believe I am the only one who feels this way about things like this.  In fact, I know I'm not.

Are we supposed to be this way?  Always in a state of impatience, in a state of determination to know exactly when things will happen?
It may be how we naturally are in our fallen human nature, but it is not how we are to be.  Expectant, yes, but not impatient or trying to control events that are not ours to control.
Expectant of when the Greatest Shinobi will return, or calls us home, but not impatient.  For while we live on earth, we bear fruit, we have missions to complete.

How do you believe you would feel if you created something, and it refused to, or hated, living out its full potential?  If you made a car, but instead of working, and driving people to their destinations, it broke down and wouldn't move.  True, we are not inanimate objects, but there is a similarity there.  We are each made to do specific things.  Just as the army has different units, communication, medics, marines, air force, etc, we each have different tasks.  If a medic decides he is tired of helping people, and decides to pine for home instead of do his job, how lame would that be?  Not only is he effecting himself, blocking himself from the experiences he could have that would help him learn and grow, he is effecting those around him.

People need us.  They need us to rejoice at having more time to fulfill our missions.
We need to go about our lives with this mindset.  Determined to live our life to the fullest, growing, thriving, and helping others to do the same.

In the shadow of the Greatest Shinobi
~MDS

No comments:

Post a Comment