Saturday, January 15, 2011

Something Tugging At Me, That Perhaps You Are Thinking...

"If this person is so adamant about how we shouldn't blow bells and whistles before what we're doing, why do they have a blog telling all this stuff that they're doing?"
Well, I don't know if you are thinking this, my perhaps non-existent reader, but I might be if I were reading it.  And I pondered it today while driving.

My reason for beginning this blog has already been stated, I shall not repeat it.  But why am I beginning this blog to state all that?  Why am I beginning a blog to talk about my beliefs and what I do, when I said we shouldn't brag about it?

First, I'm not bragging about this.

Second, I want to spur others to be more than words.  I've met many people who announce "I'm a ninja!", who show off their karate or whatever and think they're just great and people should fear and respect them.  Some people take it to such an extent as beating up on others.  Someone I know was a victim of that, and all I can say is that it is lucky for them I wasn't around when it happened.  I don't take kindly to those who talk big stuff, then maybe beat up on a few people who are unable to stand up to them to "prove" that they're big stuff.

I suppose you could call this post an admonishment... perhaps I should add that to the title...

At any rate, no, those who are acting like that, you are not true ninja.  You are not shinobi.  You are not to be looked up to.
There it is, plain and simple, my opinion on that matter.

Now that I have admonished you, I add this:
Get serious.  Get real.  Be someone that actually deserves honor.  Those who deserve honor are the ones who aren't looking for it.
I'm not asking you to act a part, I'm asking you to be.  Be more than the standards and expectations of this world.

Go forth and do good, but do it to honor others.

I feel as if I am repeating myself now.  Ah well.

All these past posts have been of a more serious kind.  Trust me, there will be more to come, but I also intend to have simply rambling posts, more lighthearted, just the thoughts of a shinobi as they go about their day.  Maybe not even thoughts.  Maybe it will be pure nothing that you'll look at and think "Why on earth did they post that?"
And I'll go ahead and answer that question now, before it is put forward.

Simply because, though life is serious, one should have fun during it.  Times that are only relaxing, or fun, or amusing, or just plain random.  Like children, they can be serious when it is necessary, but they aren't walking around with the world on their shoulders.  Sure, adults have more knowledge and therefore carry greater responsibility, but does that mean they should become sour faced and no longer see any fun in life?
No.
That is my viewpoint.  I don't demand that you accept it and begin living by it, but I suggest you consider it.  It shall be reflected here, I assure you.

In the shadow of the Greatest Shinobi
~MDS

No comments:

Post a Comment